Get on the Map -- And Get Even More Savvy about Your Grantmaking!
Imagine being able to see who is funding what and where -- anywhere, anytime, and with just a few clicks. Access to accurate, up-to-date grantmaking data is critical to understanding the funding landscape and ensuring that your giving is as effective as it can be. Imagine what “anytime-access” to information like this mean for your work.
The campaign to “Get on the Map” is a partnership between Donors Forum, the Foundation Center, and the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers. The goal is to improve the quality, timeliness, and availability of rich grants data. And, it all starts with you, reporting your data.
If I share my data, what’s in it for me?
When you share your data, you’ll be making a powerful contribution to Foundation Maps, a highly interactive, searchable mapping platform from Foundation Center that will be accessible to all Donors Forum's Members.
But, it’s all about participation. Only when our community of funders commits to sharing data will the Foundation Maps platform reach its full potential as a powerful source of accurate, up-to-date answers to questions like
- Who else is funding a particular issue in our region?
- What organizations are tackling that issue?
- Who is working with specific populations in our community?
- Who may be natural collaborators?
- Where are there gaps in funding?
- How much money is collectively going to specific issues or areas in our region?
- What are strategies at play?
How do I submit grants data?
There are just two steps to submitting your grants data using the eGrant format.Export a complete list of your most recent grants in Excel.
1. Most grants management software platforms offer a pre-formatted export function that pulls the necessary data into an Excel file automatically. To find video instructions for your platform, click here.
If you don’t use one of the listed software systems, simply export a complete list of your most recently-awarded grants into our Excel template.
2. Email your report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which data fields do I need to provide?
As a thank you for sharing your data, you’ll also get access to a custom version of Foundation Maps that reflects your individual organization’s grantmaking activity. Once you see it, picture it populated with the data from hundreds of your fellow funders as well.
Get on the map today! Click here for more information and instructions on how to share your data.